Why You Should Work For Yourself
Working for yourself might seem like an appealing option, but it isn’t right for everyone. Whether you’re considering freelancing, consultancy, or you want to start a brand new business, there are many factors to consider before branching out on your own.
Entrepreneurship is an attractive way to make a living and there are numerous reasons why you should work for yourself vs pursuing the typical career path.
Branching out on your own and starting your own business is certainly a risky endeavour. But if you are successful, it’s totally worth it.
There are many opportunities available for those wanting to become self-employed — but your legal responsibilities will differ depending on the type of business you run.
To begin with, I want to invite you to our exclusive webinar with my Mentor, Stuart, which will explain how you can become an entrepreneur and how you can benefit from my 10 reasons why you should work for yourself!
1. Be Your Own Boss — When you run your own business, the only person you’ll have to answer to is yourself.
2. Everything You Do Will Be For You — When you work for yourself, everything you do for your business directly affects your own personal bottom line. This means you’ll apply more effort and hard work because your reputation stands behind your business. You are no longer lining anyone else’s pockets…just your own!
3. Control Your Own Schedule — Since you are the boss, with an online business you can control when and where you work as long as you have a laptop and a Wi-Fi connection. You truly get to set your own schedule. As long as things get done in a timely fashion and at the level of quality you desire, you’ll be happy.
4. Get Paid To Do What You Love — Ideally when you start your own business, you’ll pursue something that you enjoy. That means you’ll make a living through your passion and all of your hard work doesn’t really seem like work. Book your place on this free webinar to learn more about building a business around your passion.
5. Get To Know Yourself — When you rely on your business to bring in the paycheck, you’ll truly get to know yourself in a different light. Who are you really when you’re hustling to make the next sale? The SFM focus’s a lot on personal development, so you will learn so much about yourself as you progress through your journey.
6. Learn Something New Every Day — There are so many aspects of entrepreneurship — marketing, production, management, legal. It takes a vast amount of knowledge to be successful when you work for yourself. No one knows it all on day one and you’ll be constantly learning in order to better your own business.
7. Create Multiple Income Streams — As your business grows you can branch into different niches and income sources. Multiple income streams give you much more financial security and mean that you don’t have to rely on one income to survive.
8. Control Your Own Income — In addition to the above, the more successful your business is, the more money you will make. As the main driving force behind your own success, you ultimately dictate how much money you will bring in — and the sky is the limit.
9. Do Many Different Things Every Day — In a typically 9 to 5 job, you are often stuck doing the same thing day in and day out. As an entrepreneur, you get to have your fingers in every aspect of the business. From the front line production to the face of the sales team — you get to do it all
10. Create Your Own Job Security — Running your own business is a long term commitment. If you are successful, you will have the best type of job security you can imagine. No one can fire you because you own the company.
If working for yourself was easy, everyone would be doing it. Entrepreneurship requires hard work, dedication, sacrifice, and drive. The road to running a successful online business begins with knowledge and a business plan. Many of the best businesses start out as side jobs before they turn into full-blown money producing businesses.
Please don’t let the fear of failure hold you back from chasing your dreams either. It’s important to remember that many successful people fail at first. However, the thing that makes them go on to be successful is that they learn from their mistakes and grow stronger from them.
To Your Success and Best Life,